It is time for our 2022 Confirmation Class to begin, and we are excited your 8th grade student will be walking through this process.
Every year, we see tremendous growth in our participants. It is our privilege as a student ministry to be a part of this important time in their lives.
Our Family Pastor, Trevor Miller, along with our Student Ministry Director, Daniel Stevanus, have developed our GROW theme and curriculum around the outcome we hope to see in our students’ lives. It is based on 1 Corinthians 3:7, where Paul reminds believers that some people plant (the seeds of the Gospel), others water (giving nutrition to what we are taught), “but only God makes things GROW.“
We are praying for great things this year and we hope your child will join us and see God GROW things in their own life.
Below you will find information about the confirmation process as a whole, the retreat, important policies, and our Confirmation Celebration.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
- Confirmation Registration is now open
- Registration will require a current photo of your student (this is used for identification purposes only)
- Confirmation Cost is $150 which includes:
- Course materials
- Retreat food/lodging
- Confirmation Bible
- Confirmation Certificate and Gift
- Confirmation t-shirt
- Full payment is due at registration
- If there are any payment issues, including financial hardships, please contact email@example.com
Our Confirmation Sessions will be held each Sunday from 4-5:30pm in room 861 of the West Building (where children‘s ministry typically meets). We will be using the West entrance of the New Building for drop off and pick up. We will meet together as a large group for the teaching time and then break out into small groups for discussion.
- Jan 5 – Registration Closes
- Jan 9 – Confirmation Kick-Off (Intro Session)
- Jan 16 – Small Group Outings – MLK Weekend
- Jan 23 – Confirmation Session 1
- Jan 28-30 – Confirmation Retreat (Sessions 2-4)
Location: Camp Long
- Feb 6 – Confirmation Session 5
- Feb 13 – Confirmation Session 6
- Feb 20 – Confirmation Session 7
- Feb 27 – Confirmation Session 8
- Mar 6 – Confirmation Session 9
- Mar 13 – No Confirmation – Best Wknd Ever
- Mar 20 – Confirmation Session 10
- Mar 25 – Confirmation Ceremony – Friday night
- Mar 27 – Confirmation Sunday – both Contemporary Services
- NO registration will be accepted after January 5th, 2022
- Because of the learning and bonding that takes place over an extended period of time away, attendance to our Confirmation Retreat is mandatory. Please arrange your schedule to make attendance top priority
- If a student misses a Confirmation Session, they will be required to make up the missed session via video curriculum and answering discussion questions in the book
- If a student misses more than 2 Confirmation Sessions, they will not be allowed to be confirmed but can still join the church through one of our regular New Member Classes
Please be familiar with these policies and work to follow them. The Student Ministry Staff reserves the right to make adjustments or concessions on a case by case basis
82 Camp Long Rd
Aiken, SC 29805
Drop Off Friday, Jan 28th – 6:30-7:00pm
Small Group Time
Small Group Time
Small Group Time
Parents join us for Worship Service – 10:00am
Pack Up and Return Home
DIRECTIONS FROM COLUMBIA
Take I-20 towards August. Get off at Exit 29 and take a left onto Wire Road. Travel approximately 5 miles and turn right onto Roberts Dr. After 900ft turn right onto Camp Long Rd. Camp Long will be on your right.
FRIDAY, March 25th – The Confirmation Ceremony will be held in the Contemporary Auditorium. We will celebrate the students’ completion of Confirmation by praying over each student, awarding them with their certificates, and giving them a brief charge and gait to remember their journey.
We will also use this time to thank their mentors. Covid depending, there will be some light refreshments at the end. Friends and family members are invited and encouraged to attend. More details will be sent out closer to the date of this event.
Dress code: Sunday best.
SUNDAY, March 27th – Confirmation Sunday takes place during our Contemporary Services in the Auditorium. Students will sit together during the service and have the opportunity to be recognized, join in church membership and be baptized if they have never been baptized before. The church will also enjoy a recap video which will include clips from the Confirmation Ceremony.
Dress code: Confirmation t-shirt.