We as a Student Ministry Staff are so excited and thankful that your student will be a part of this year’s 8th Grade Confirmation Class!
Every year, we see tremendous growth in our participants, and it is our privilege as a student ministry to be a part of this important time in their lives.
We have developed our GROW theme and curriculum around the outcome we hope to see in our students’ lives. It is based off of 1 Corinthians 3:7 where Paul reminds us that some plant and some water, “but only God makes things GROW.”
Below you will find information about the confirmation process as a whole, the retreat, important policies, as well as some details regarding our policies, and our Confirmation Celebration.
We are praying for great things for this year, and I hope your child will join us on this journey.
- Confirmation Registration opens on Sunday, Nov 10th and will close Sunday, Jan 5th
- Registration will be online and will require a current photo of your student (this is used for identification purposes only)
- Confirmation Cost is $150 which includes:
- course materials
- retreat (food/lodging)
- Confirmation Bible
- Confirmation t-shirt
- Confirmation Certificate and Gift
- Payments are due at registration
- If there are any payment issues, including financial hardships, please contact us!
Our Confirmation Sessions will be held each Sunday from 4-5:30pm in room 861, Red Zone, in the West Building (new building). We will meet together as a large group for the teaching time and then break out into our small groups. We also will be using the West Entrance for drop off and pick-up.
Jan 05 – Registration Closes
Jan 12 – Confirmation Kick-Off Session 1
Jan 19 – Small Group Outings – MLK Jr. Weekend
Jan 24-26 – Confirmation Retreat (Sessions 2-4)
Feb 02 – Confirmation Session 5
Feb 09 – Confirmation Session 6
Feb 16 – Confirmation Session 7
Feb 23 – Confirmation Session 8
Mar 01 – Confirmation Session 9
Mar 08 – Confirmation Session 10
Mar 15 – Confirmation Session 11
Mar 22 – Confirmation Session 12
Mar 27 – Confirmation Ceremony (Friday Night)
Mar 29 – Confirmation Sunday
- NO registration will be accepted after January 5th, 2020
- Because of the learning and bonding that takes place over an extended period of time away, attendance to our Confirmation Retreat is mandatory. Please arrange your schedule to make attendance top priority
- If a student misses a Confirmation Session, they will be required to make up the missed session
- If a student misses more than 2 Confirmation Sessions, they will not be allowed to be confirmed but can still join the church through one of our regular New Member Classes
Please be familiar with these policies and work to follow them. The Student Ministry Staff reserves the right to make adjustments or amendments on a case by case basis.
The Retreat will be held at White Oak Conference Center
633 Mobley Highway Winnsboro, SC 29180
Friday Night, Jan 24th
Drop off – 6:30-7:30pm
Small Group Time
Saturday Morning, Jan 25th
Small Group Time
Sunday Morning, Jan 26th
Parents join for Worship Service – 10:00am
Pack up and return home
Friday, March 27th – The Confirmation Celebration will be held in the Contemporary Auditorium. We will celebrate the students’ completion of Confirmation by praying over each student, awarding them their certificates and giving them a brief charge and gift to remember their journey.
We also will use this time to thank our mentors. There will be some some light refreshments at the end. Family members are invited to attend.
(parents will receive more instructions closer to this date)
Friday, March 29th – Confirmation Sunday takes place during our Contemporary Services in the Auditorium. Students will sit together in the two services and have the opportunity to be recognized, join in church membership, and be baptized if they have never been baptized before.
The church will also enjoy a recap video which will include clips from the Confirmation Celebration.