We as a Student Ministry Staff are so excited we are that your student will be a part of this year’s 8th Grade Confirmation Class.
Every year we see tremendous growth in our participants and it is our privilege to be a part of this important time in their lives. We have developed our own GROW theme and curriculum around the outcome we hope to see in our student’s lives. We based it off of 1 Corinthians 3:7 where Paul reminds us that some plant and some water “but only God makes things GROW.”
Below you will information about the confirmation process as a whole, the retreat, important policies, as well as some details regarding our policies, and our Confirmation Celebration.
We are praying for great things for this year, and I hope your child will join us on this journey.
- Confirmation Registration opens on Wednesday, Nov 7th and will close Sunday, Jan 6th. Registration will be online and will require a current photo of your student (this is used for identification purposes only). If you have any questions you can reach out by email or come to our Parent QnA time Wednesday, Nov 7th and 14th from 5:30-6:30pm outside the Student Center.
- Confirmation Cost is $140 which includes:
- course materials
- retreat (food and lodging)
- Confirmation Bibles
- Confirmation Certificates
- Small Confirmation Gift
- Full Payments are due at registration
- If there are any payment issues, including financial hardships, please contact us!
Our Confirmation Sessions will be held each Sunday from 4-5:30pm in room 861 in the West Building (new building). We will meet together as a large group for the teaching time and then break out into our small groups. We also will be using the West Entrance for drop off and pick-up.
- Jan 13th – Confirmation Kick-Off
- Jan 20th – Small Group Outings – MLK Weekend
- Jan 25th – 27th – Confirmation Retreat
Location: White Oak Conference Center
- Feb 3th – Confirmation Session
- Feb 10th – NO Confirmation – Micah Tyler Concert
- Feb 17th – Confirmation Session
- Feb 24th – Confirmation Session
- Mar 3th – Confirmation Session
- Mar 10th – Confirmation Session
- Mar 17th – NO Confirmation – Chi-Alpha/Believe Weekend
- Mar 24th – Confirmation Session
- Mar 31st – Confirmation Session
- April 5th – Confirmation Celebration – Friday Night
- April 7th – Confirmation Sunday
- NO registration will be accepted after January 6th, 2019
- Because of the learning and bonding that takes place over an extended period of time away, attendance to our Confirmation Retreat is mandatory. Please arrange your schedule to make attendance top priority
- If a student misses a Confirmation Session, they will need to attend the make up session before the last Confirmation Session on March 31st.
- If a student misses the make up session, they will not be allowed to be confirmed but can still join the church through one of our regular New Member Classes
- If a student misses more than 2 Confirmation Sessions, they will not be allowed to be confirmed but can still join the church through one of our regular New Member Classes
Please be familiar with these policies and work to follow them. The Student Ministry Staff reserves the right to make adjustments or amendments on a case by case basis
The Retreat will be held at White Oak Conference Center
633 Mobley Highway Winnsboro, SC 29180
Friday Night, Jan 25th
Drop off – 6:30-7:30pm
Small Group Time
Saturday Morning, Jan 26th
Small Group Time
Sunday Morning, Jan 27th
Parents join for Worship Service – 10:00am
Pack up and return home
Friday, April 5th – The Confirmation Celebration will be held in the Contemporary Auditorium. We will celebrate the student’s completion of Confirmation, by praying over each student, awarding them their certificates and giving them a brief charge and gift to remember their journey.
We also will use this time to thank our mentors and there will be some some light refreshments at the end, family members are invited to attend.
(parents will receive more instructions closer to this date)
Friday, April 7th – Confirmation Sunday takes place during our Contemporary Services in the Auditorium. Students will sit together in the two services and have the opportunity to be recognized, join in church membership, and be baptized if they have never been baptized before.
The church will also enjoy a recap video which will include clips from the Celebration the previous Friday