It is time for our 2023 Confirmation Class to begin, and we are excited for your 8th grade student to walk through this process.
Every year, we see tremendous growth in our participants. It is our privilege as a student ministry to be a part of this important time in their lives.
Our Family Pastor, Trevor Miller, and Student Ministry Director, Daniel Stevanus, have developed our GROW theme and curriculum around the outcome we hope to see in our students’ lives. It is based on 1 Corinthians 3:7, where Paul reminds believers that some people plant (the seeds of the Gospel), others water (giving nutrition to what we are taught), “but only God makes things GROW.“
We are praying for great things this year and we hope your child will join us and see God GROW things in their own life.
Below you will find information about the confirmation process as a whole, the retreat, important policies, and our Confirmation Celebration.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
BOOKS OF THE BIBLE SONG
- Confirmation Registration opens Nov. 18th
- Registration will require a current photo of your student (this is used for identification purposes only)
- Confirmation Cost is $150 which includes:
- Course materials
- Retreat food/lodging
- Confirmation Bible
- Confirmation Certificate and Gift
- Confirmation t-shirt
- Full payment is due at registration
- If there are any payment issues, including financial hardships, please contact Jackie Bozard via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Confirmation Sessions will be held each Sunday from 4-5:30pm in room 820 of the West Building (where children‘s ministry typically meets). We will be using the West entrance of the New Building for drop off and pick up. During these sessions we will meet together as a large group for the teaching time and then break out into small groups for discussion.
- Jan 4 – Registration Closes
- Jan 8 – Confirmation Kick-Off (Intro Session)
- Jan 15 – Small Group Outings – MLK Weekend
- Jan 22 – Confirmation Session 1
- Jan 27-29 – Confirmation Retreat (Sessions 2-4)
Location: Camp Long
- Feb 5 – Confirmation Session 5
- Feb 12 – Confirmation Session 6
- Feb 29 – Confirmation Session 7
- Feb 26 – Confirmation Session 8
- Mar 5 – Confirmation Session 9
- Mar 12 – No Confirmation – Best Wknd Ever
- Mar 19 – Confirmation Session 10
- Mar 24 – Confirmation Ceremony – Friday night
- Mar 26 – Confirmation Sunday – both Contemporary Services
- NO registration will be accepted after January 5th, 2022
- Because of the learning and bonding that takes place over an extended period of time away, attendance to our Confirmation Retreat is mandatory. Please arrange your schedule to make attendance top priority
- If a student misses a Confirmation Session, they will be required to make up the missed session via video curriculum by answering discussion questions in the book
- If a student misses more than 2 Confirmation Sessions, they will not be allowed to be confirmed but can still join the church through one of our regular New Member Classes
Please be familiar with these policies and work to follow them. The Student Ministry Staff reserves the right to make adjustments or concessions on a case by case basis
82 Camp Long Rd
Aiken, SC 29805
Drop Off Friday, Jan 28th – 6:30-7:00pm
Small Group Time
Small Group Time
Small Group Time
Parents join us for Worship Service – 10:00am
Pack Up and Return Home
DIRECTIONS FROM COLUMBIA
Take I-20 towards August. Get off at Exit 29 and take a left onto Wire Road. Travel approximately 5 miles and turn right onto Roberts Dr. After 900ft turn right onto Camp Long Rd. Camp Long will be on your right.
FRIDAY, March 24th – The Confirmation Ceremony will be held in the Contemporary Auditorium. We will celebrate the students’ completion of Confirmation by praying over each student, awarding them with their certificates, and giving them a brief charge and gait to remember their journey.
We will also use this time to thank their mentors. Friends and family members are invited and encouraged to attend. More details will be sent out closer to the date of this event.
Dress code: Sunday best.
SUNDAY, March 26th – Confirmation Sunday takes place during our Contemporary Services in the Auditorium. Students will sit together during the service and have the opportunity to be recognized, join in church membership and be baptized if they have never been baptized before. The church will also enjoy a recap video that will include clips from the Confirmation Ceremony.
Dress code: Confirmation t-shirt.