Christmas: From Family to Family
Our Christmas Store to benefit families in our local community and congregation experiencing financial difficulty is back! We are asking you, as the church, to purchase new gifts and donate them to stock the shelves of the store. Families who could use some assistance in providing gifts for their children for Christmas will come shop, selecting from the donated items, and can even wrap the gifts onsite.
To ensure that families can choose from gender- and age-appropriate gifts, we have created “gift tags.” Each tag is marked by a type of gift that is needed (age, gender, and gift value). These tags are available in-person or online.
- In-Person: Visit the tables as you exit the worship services on November 14, 21, or 28 to select a tag for a gift you plan to purchase.
- Online: Grab a tag HERE from now until November 28.
Take as many tags as you like, but we do ask that you return a gift for every tag that you grab. They each represent an actual gift for a child!
- Find a gift that fits the gender, age, and is within the price range on your tag.
- Attach the tag to the corresponding gift you purchase. Please leave gifts unwrapped.
If you did an online tag, please attach something to your gift indicating the gender, age, and price range from that tag.
- Bring the gifts and attached tag:
November 21, 28 or December 4/5
Find the collection area marked under the Breezeway or in the Missions Center (West Building) and drop your donation on the way into church.
November 29-December 2, 10am-5pm
Find the collection area marked near the Missions Ministry building (a brick house on the back of the parking lot, near the outfield of the baseball field).
Other ways to serve:
Please contact the Missions Department if you are interested in serving the store in these other ways:
- Assist with the set-up of the store on December 6 or tear down on December 9.
- Serve at the store itself December 7, 8, and/or 9 in roles like Personal Shopper (helping families in the gift selecting process), Gift-Wrapper, Prayer Warrior (there is a prayer area available to all participating families), and more!