Are you a visual storyteller who thinks creatively and loves to capture those creative thoughts and ideas in a visually impactful way? Do you get excited at the thought of producing and editing high-quality videos that are used to serve the ministries of the church, and ultimately impact the viewer with the life-changing truth of Jesus Christ? Would you enjoy being a part of the fast-paced and creative environment that is our communications team and utilizing your gifts and talents for Kingdom purposes? If so, then this may be the place for you.
- Communicates with pastors and ministry leaders to gather ideas and concepts for creating and telling a compelling story through video.
- Story board, script, plan, schedule, shoot, edit and produce video projects related to sermon series, promotional videos, testimony videos and more.
- Capture and edit highlight videos of large church events.
- Participate in worship planning, representing the interests of visual and artistic learners in the church.
- Post- Sunday exports of media.
- Bachelor’s degree in video production or related degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a large-church setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work positively in a team-based environment.
- Understanding of and willingness to reach for a high standard of excellence.
- Ability to interpret and enhance others’ visions.
- Proven expertise for Adobe Premier, After Effects, etc).
- Basic audio knowledge (synching of audio, EQ, compression)
- Ability to manage/prioritize workload to meet varying timelines.
This full time position reports directly to the Communications Director and will support all ministries in the church as needed. Hours may vary depending on the week.
- Upholds and fulfils the core values of Mt. Horeb UMC.
- Considers this position a mission and a ministry, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church, including worship attendance at Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church, small group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
To apply for this job opening, forward your resume to Chris Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org