DIRECTOR OF GUEST SERVICES
As a Guest Experience Director, you’ll get to advance the gospel by overseeing the area that stewards our guests well on a campus, including first-time guests, volunteer connection, and creating an atmosphere of expectation for the worship experience and other church events.
- Oversight, recruitment and coordination of hospitality volunteer teams who support weekly worship celebrations, including Sunday morning, Wednesday night and other weeknight worship venue celebrations.
- Ongoing training of hospitality volunteers to ensure a great welcoming environment for newcomers and regular attendees.
- Management of Guest Services paid-staff team.
- Serve as “project manager” for all church-wide events, and other major events as needed.
- Leading the new guest “welcome process,” including: High emphasis on capturing new guests information and introducing them to Mt. Horeb in a positive and effective manner. Ongoing development and monitoring of matrices that evaluate our success in assimilating the new guests into the cycle of discipleship.
- Coordinate with all ministry areas to ensure their volunteers are fully equipped and trained to deliver top-notch customer service and hospitality for all functions.
- Team with Director of Business Operations to enhance the customer service and guest experience for all aspects of the guest services’ team, occasional leading of team meetings.
- Experience with managing and leading diverse staff teams.
- Track record of successful experience with recruiting, training and deploying large teams of volunteers.
- Experience with providing/ensuring hospitality and positive “guest experience,” preferably in a large church setting
- Bachelor degree preferred; paid church staff experienced preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work positively in a team-based environment.
- Understanding of and willingness to reach for a high standard of excellence.
- Ability to lead change amongst diverse teams in a collegial manner.
This is a full time position reporting to the Director of Business Operations. Hours will vary but will include Sundays.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a mission and a ministry, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Mt. Horeb including membership and worship attendance at Mt. Horeb, small group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
To apply for this job opening, forward your resume to Nate Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org