Our MKids team is looking for a dynamic spiritual leader who is passionate about leading the next generation in becoming strong disciples for Christ. This role focuses on elementary-aged kids and their families. The ideal candidate loves kids, is a great planner, communicator and team builder that leads with vision and enthusiasm. Strong recruiting skills, volunteer team building and care are critical to the success of this position.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of weekend small group and large group programming, to include coordination of room host, leaders, volunteers, story tellers and worship team.
- Creatively plan and implement curriculum that connects the Bible to the children by making programming engaging and memorable.
- Works with the coordination of the contemporary worship team to provide weekly worship experiences.
- Recruit, inspire, train and schedule volunteers for elementary programming.
- Minister to volunteers through prayer and continuing education.
- Ensure proper enforcement of policies and procedures for weekend programming.
- Plan and implement large scale children’s ministry events.
- Research, observe and implement growth-oriented children’s ministries and programs.
- Ensure the goals of elementary programming are aligned with the mission, vision and values of the church.
- Experience: At least one year of leading on a children’s ministry team.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to effectively lead children’s activities and worship as well as demonstrate a proficiency in training and directing volunteers.
- Offers an attitude of flexibility and adaptability in the face of the changing moods, plans and directions common to working with children and parents.
- Offers a resilient and persevering spirit that is not easily discouraged or frustrated.
- Displays a sense of humor and energetic personality. Able to connect with children and their families initially and on an ongoing basis.
- Must align with the vision, values and doctrinal statement of Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church
Reports directly to the Director of Children’s Ministry.
Weekend and evening hours standard.
Assist other church employees for high volume events including but not limited to funerals, Vacation Bible School and holiday events at the church.
Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
To apply for this job opening forward your resume to Chris Carver at email@example.com