Looking for an individual to join our team in the Finance Department. Primary responsibilities include Payroll, General Ledger Maintenance, Financial Management, and other duties related to the finances of the church.
- Maintaining accurate employee records.
- Prepare and distribute time sheets.
- Entering payroll/payroll adjustments/calculate increases/general payroll function.
- Enter quarterly tax reconciliations.
- Upload to bank and ensure direct deposit information is accurate.
- Other associated payroll duties.
General Ledger Maintenance:
- G/L daily activity
- Process journal entries.
- Enter and track annual budget.
- Manage supplies for finance office.
- Assist in managing annual church Charge Conference Reports.
- Assist in managing annual year end audit process.
- Manage online contributions.
- Accounting Degree and 3-5 years’ experience in payroll/finance environment.
- Ability to accomplish and complete duties independently.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Organizational and administration skills necessary.
- Must align with the vision, values and doctrinal statement of Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church.
- This is a part time position (30 hours).
- Reports directly to the Director of Business Operations.
- This position will support all ministries in the church as needed.
- Hours may vary depending on the week.
To apply for this job opening, forward your resume to Chris Carver at email@example.com