We believe that all children are special and that developing a relationship with Jesus is one of the single most important aspects of their growth. We want kids to see how God’s word fits in their lives, to learn how to talk to him, and to build friendships that will last. We provide small groups that explore, large group teaching that is relevant, and worship that is designed for specific age groups. Each week, kids from infants to 5th grade experience Jesus in safe, age-appropriate environments. We provide tools that families can take home to continue exploring God’s Word during the week.
Register for October Resources
We have great resources to provide for kids attending the Worship Services with their family. Kids Bible Stories and activities will still be available via email and Facebook if you do not feel comfortable coming back into the building yet..
Here are a few tips for worshiping with your child at either the Traditional or Contemporary Service:
• Don’t stress: Children have always been welcome in worship services at Mt. Horeb. Remember, kids are kids; don’t expect them to be silent and perfectly still the entire service.
• Prepare them: If your children have never been to Sunday morning worship, explain to them what to expect.
• Encourage their participation: Have them sing and dance with you during the music. Encourage them to join in prayer time. Do they have a piggy bank where they could share in the offering?
• Bring a Bag: Bring quiet activities for your children to enjoy or pick up one of our Activity Bags at either entrance into the Auditorium Building.
• Talk About Your Worship Experience: Ask your child to share their thoughts.
Outside of the Auditorium in the West Campus Building, you will find our Kids Information Desk with a team of volunteers, wearing our signature blue t-shirts, ready to help you get to the right place.
At registration, you will receive a unique set of two tags: one name tag for your child to wear and one security tag that you will need to pick your child up at the end of the service. Both tags will have the same unique security code on them. If for some reason your child were to need you during one of the weekend services, we will text you; so please make sure your phone is on vibrate.
Helpful Hints for Attending Kids Programming
Infants – 5th grade
9:00 – 10:15 AM & 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM
LOW STIM ENVIRONMENT AVAILABLE AT 10:45 AM
Infants – 5th grade
6:00 – 7:30 PM
WE CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU!
A safe, loving, Christian environment for your child to grow all week long. MKids Academy provides the perfect space for children 6 months to 5 years old to grow academically, socially, and spiritually Monday through Thursday.