We can all agree that things in our world are not as they should be. Heartache and brokenness capture the evening news with images of protest and violence. As followers of Jesus, how can we respond? We can learn, pray, and serve. Today we share some resources to help us LEARN. We encourage you to pick one or two to start with and commit to learning something new about this tender topic.
- Be The Bridge Pursuing God’s Heart for Racial Reconciliation by Latasha Morrison
- Roadmap to Reconciliation: Moving Communities into Unity, Wholeness and Justice by Brenda Salter McNeil
- The Color of Compromise by Jemar Tisby
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? by Beverly Daniel Tatum, PhD
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stephenson
Right Now Media
This is a great place for small group and ministry leaders to look deeper into shareable resources!
- Oneness Embraced from Tony Evans
- MLK 50: Gospel Reflections From the Mountaintop
- Race, Justice, and the Church from Eric Mason
- Integrated, Yet Still Segregated from Pastor Leonce Crump, Jr
These films are for Mature Audiences ONLY due to language and violence.
Contact the Missions Department for even more resources on this topic.